• Clean your kitchen cabinets and replace fried and processed food with foods rich in vitamins. Carrots contain a high content of vitamin A. The more carotenoids they contain the deeper orange they look. Get your daily dose of vitamin C through citrus fruits like lemons and oranges.
• Replenish your body with the beneficial antioxidants. They help in renewal of skin cells. Blueberries, strawberries, apricots, green tea and apples are rich in antioxidants.
• Increase your protein intake. Consume generous portions of raw and fresh fruits and vegetables. Incorporate lots of nuts in your diet. You could add the nuts to your daily bowl of cornflakes or salads.
• Avoid high amounts of animal fats in the diet. Instead incorporate essential fatty acids such as omega-3 alpha linolenic acid and omega-6 linoleic acid. Flax seeds and sesame seeds are good sources.
• Incorporate milk and milk products in your diet. They provide proteins to the body.
• Green tea is a very good source of antioxidants. They neutralize free radicals in the body thus preventing aging of cells.
Pamper your skin:
Whatever your skin type is, wouldn’t you like to pamper it? Here is a number of ways you could do it. Remember to wash your face with a very mild cleanser and lukewarm water before you apply any face mask.
• Peel half a banana and smash it.
• Half teaspoon of honey
Mix to make a paste. Apply on the face and the neck. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it of. Enjoy the smooth feeling…..
• Take a ball of cotton and apply milk all over your face and neck. Wash it off after 10 to 15 minutes before washing off. You could change the application time according to how your skin feels. If it feels too oily you could reduce the timing.
• Plain yoghurt would work wonders for your skin. Just apply an even layer over your face and neck. Keep it for 7 to 10 minutes. After the time massage the area with your finger tips gently. Do it both in clockwise and anti-clockwise direction.
The diet would improve your body from within and the face masks would improve the blood circulation. These tips would surely help you keep the dryness at bay…