Among the total breast cancer patient, less than 1 % is men or else they are majorly observed in women. Here are some types and symbols of the Male Breast Cancer.
Male Breast Cancer can crop up at any age but are commonly observed in the older men between the ages of 65 to 70. They can be completely cured at the early stages but majorly its gets diagnosed at the extreme stages. Often to treat this particular cancer, surgery is involved but can also be treated with targeted therapy radiation therapy, hormone therapy, and chemotherapy. Over consumption of alcohol may increase the risk of getting breast cancer. Their treatment depends on the levels or the stages of cancer. Even the overall health of the patient is also considered while treating male breast cancer.
How does Male Breast Cancer Cause?
- The main cause of the male breast cancer is still not known. Men carry minute amount of dysfunction in the breast tissue. As a result there is abnormal growth and division of cells. These cells rapidly divide the breast tissue that produces tumor. Transformation in one of the protective genes named as BRCA2 may increase the risk of getting breast cancer. These genes are hereditary which passes from parents to their offspring.
Depending on the formation in which cancer starts off, mainly there are three types of male breast cancer others are much rarely found.
- Ductal carcinoma: This is one of the most common sorts of breast cancer found in male. This cancer starts from the milk ducts of male breast. Chances of cure are less if this cancer is not treated the early stages.
- Lobular carcinoma: Lobular carcinoma starts in the lobules which are also called as milk producing glands. These are generally seen in women. But the tissue of the male breast includes some lobules which can in turn cause hazardous Lobular carcinoma.
- Paget’s disease of the nipple:This is also one of the majorly found cancers among men. This particular cancer is found in and around the areas of nipple. This is the base of the men breast cancer.
What are the symbols of breast cancer observed in male?
- Swelling or lumping in the tissues of breast tissue is seen at the early stages
- Slight changes such as dimpling, crumpling, reddishness or scaling are observed on the skin covering your breast
- Some kind of discharge from the nipples is also noticed
- The nipple becomes red and scaly and later on its turns in the inward direction.