Calcium and vitamin D is extremely essential for keeping bones strong. Here are some foods that you can eat to maintain healthy bones.
When it comes to build healthy and strong bones, there are two vital nutrients required; one is calcium and the other is vitamin D. Calcium helps in supporting your teeth structure and bones, while vitamin D improves in bone growth and calcium absorption. Not only these nutrients prove beneficial in early life but it also helps in staying fit as you grow older.
If you happen to develop osteoporosis- an illness characterized by breaking and fragile bones; getting plenty of vitamin D and calcium will relief you from the disease and prevent fractures. Adults those are below 50 should get 1000 mg of calcium and 200 IUs of vitamin D.
Below given are some nutritional foods that help in maintaining the level of calcium and vitamin D in bones.
- Yogurt:- Most of them get their vitamin D through the sunlight exposure, but some foods like yogurt are completely filled with vitamin D. a cup of creamy yogurt can be the best way to get calcium.
- Milk:- Milk is the absolute food for intake of calcium. Eight ounces of fat free mil will provide you with 90 calories but at the same time will also give 30% of daily calcium dose. For doubling the benefits, go for the brand filled with vitamin D. in case if you can’t drink milk directly, try mixing it with sauce or a smoothie.
- Cheese:- Just for the reason that cheese is full of calcium doesn’t mean that you have to consume it in too much quantity. Simply having 1.5 ounces of cheese that is a set of dice comprises more than 30% of your regular calcium consumption. However, some cheeses contain a minute amount of vitamin D which is not sufficient to put a great dent to your actual needs.
- Sardines:- Surprisingly, a little fish named Sardines which is usually tins have high levels of both calcium and vitamin D. These fishes might appear little odd and have a kind of savory taste but can be delicious in salads and pastas.
- Eggs:- Eggs encloses 2 % of your daily needs of vitamin D. the best part about them is that they are easy and quick to get. Just don’t go for the egg whites, though they help in cutting down calories but the beneficial vitamin D is in yolk.
- Salmon:- Salmon has a lot of omega- fatty acids that are healthy for heart but a 3 ounce of salmon contains comprises more than 100 % vitamin D. thus, have it for your bones as well as your heart.
- Spinach:- if you don’t like to eat dairy products, spinach would be the great way to obtain calcium. Consuming one cup of spinach contains fiber, vitamin A, iron and calcium too.