If you are finding effective tips for dealing with Halitosis, widely known as bad breathe then here in this article you can come across some beneficial ways to cure it.
Halitosis is nothing but annoying bad breath that most of them go through. Though, it is a common issue, but, it may be very embarrassing if you have bad breathe while conversation. However this problematic condition can be prevented as well as cured by pursuing certain beneficial tips.
Before we get into the curing tips for Halitosis, it is extremely essential to understand where this problem of bad breath arises. Halitosis or bad breath stems from different sources.
These common sources include the following:-
- Periodontal disease
- Throat infections
- Xerostomia which is also known as dry mouth
- Poor oral or general hygiene
- Sinus or other nasal infections
- Imperfect dental reinstallation
- Certain foodstuffs like fish, garlic, cheese, meat, onions, etc.
- Or else any other underlying health complications
Getting acquainted with the causes of Halitosis can help you out to find out exact measures to be taken to safeguard this problem. Below given is the list of tips that you can pursue in order to reduce the likelihood of having foul smell from mouth.
Ways to stay away from Halitosis or bad breath:-
- Brush your teeth everyday even after each meal and rinse it thoroughly with water. This may seem to be silly doing at the work place, but it’s the best and effective way to stay out of bad breath. Brushing the teeth after every meal will remove the food particles that re stuck in between your teeth.
- Flossing your mouth is equally essential. Just the way brushing helps, flossing also removes food particles, if any, stuck between your teeth and whilst creates an adverse surrounding for bacterial growth.
- Do not forget to brush your tongue. About 50% of total bacterial growth in mouth is carried by the tongue. And when the bacteria grow, it leads to foul smell. Chuck out these bacteria while brushing.
- You can even have chewing gums that are sugar free. This will boost up the flow of saliva and at the other end will reduce the chances of bad breath related to dry mouth.
- Have plenty of water. Drinking lots of water also gives the same effect like chewing gum. Water helps in keeping the mouth wet by producing saliva thereby keeping you away from dry mouth. Fluids like caffeinated drinks and alcohol can cause Xerostomia.
- Throw away your tooth brush after every three to four months. An old toothbrush is riddled full of bacteria which may give rise to bad breathe or Halitosis.
- Above all quit smoking! Smoking can lead you to may health complication and bad breathe is one among them.
However, following the above given tips, you can prevent Halitosis or bad breathing from making you feel even more annoyed and embarrassed.